Taco Salad the Paleo Way
A delicious Taco Salad made for the Paleo lover in you!
- For the GREENS!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (see below)
- 3 hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- 3/4 to 1 cup salsa
- Homemade Taco Seasoning! Yumm!!
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. ground cumin
- Generous sprinkles of; onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- TACO SEASONING
- Super easy! Just combine all spices in an airtight container and shake well!
- The pretty greens....
- Cook ground turkey until it is no longer pink, stirring frequently
- While turkey is cooking, chop romaine hearts and divide among 4 large salad plates
- Chop cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions and add evenly to each plate of lettuce
- When turkey is no longer pink, add 4 tbsp of your delicious homemade taco seasoning and stir to fully incorporate
- When the meat is fully cooked and seasoned, top each salad with approximately ¼ the total amount
- Top with salsa and viola!!
- If the meat is somewhat dry, splash a little water into the pan to loosen everything up and help the seasoning coat the meat crumbles evenly.
- Any extra cooked & seasoned meat can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Love and Primal http://www.loveandprimal.com/