Ruth's Chris Inspired Chopped Salad
A classic steakhouse salad
- 4 cups of chopped spinach
- 4 cups of chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, small chopped
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 1/4 finely chopped red onion
- 20 grape tomatoes, split in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- French's crispy onions. Substitute seasoned almonds or pecans (if you want to keep it Primal)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Salt (or more, to taste)
- Chop all your veggies for the salad (thick julienne for the lettuce/spinach and a small chop for everything else.
- Whisk all the ingredients together ( give time for the flavors to blend).
- Hard-boil a couple of eggs and cook your bacon. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients, except for the crispy onions (or nuts) and dressing in a bowl.
- Immediately before serving, toss salad with dressing to coat.
- Press the salad into a pretty circle mold (bowl)
- Top with the French's crispy onions (or nuts).
- Garnish with tomatoes and basil.
- Thanks Beckham + Belle for this great recipe! http://www.beckhamandbelle.com/2015/06/fathers-day-menu-featuring-ruths-chris.html
Adapted from Beckham + Belle: Ruth's Chris Inspired Chopped Salad
Love and Primal http://www.loveandprimal.com/