Loaded Cauli & Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This one shot to the top of “our favorites” list. It’s loaded with flavor, vegetables, and a little “gotcha.” If you like it extra spicy add some fresh jalapenos to the toppings.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large cauliflower (florets)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika*
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp hot sauce or buffalo sauce
- 2 cup Fiesta Blend Cheese or a mix of Cheddar & Monterey Jack
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder & hot sauce.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat.
- Scoop the cauliflower into a cooking spray coated 9 x 13 inch baking dish, leaving behind as much of the olive oil/hot sauce mix as possible.
- Bake the cauliflower for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and starting to brown
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the leftover olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat.
- Once the cauliflower is fully cooked, remove from the oven.
- Top the cooked cauliflower with the raw marinated chicken.
- In a bowl mix together the cheese, bacon & green onion and top the raw chicken with the cheese mix.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly delicious.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.
- Serve with a simple spinach side salad (spinach, cherry tomatoes, pecans, grated parmesan)
- Servings, 8
- Calories, 282.1
- Total Fat, 20.3 g
- Total Carbohydrate, 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber, 2.6 g
- Protein, 21.4 g
Love and Primal http://www.loveandprimal.com/